my musings

>> Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I think I often don't realize (or maybe never realize) how much my parents love me. They are so supportive and forgiving and generous and just all around incredible. They understand me maybe even better than I understand myself. They know how to reach me when I've become closed to the world. One of the things that scares me most when I look into the future and imagine myself with a family is that I will never be as good of a parent as they are. I mean, I just don't know if it's possible for me to not get annoyed at people, especially if I ever had girlie girls going through their preteen years, I'd probably shoot myself. Anyways, I'm awed by the way they constantly put me (and my siblings) first and think about us so much more than they think about themselves. Being a parent is one of, if not the, most self-sacrificial things a person can do on this earth.

I'm trying to learn to live the moment. Embrace whatever is happening right now. Allow it to happen and change me, but not to phase me. Let yourself become wrapped in the moment, but not suffocated by it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment